Lumen has its perfect partner: The Prairie Glass House in Champaign’s Big Grove Forest
“The Prairie Glass House is inspired by some of the great modernist glass houses of the twentieth century—but it is also unique in many ways. The house has no windows; instead, it has 94 doors opening onto 17 acres of magnificent prairie forest. The grounds include: the multi-award winning “Victor”, meditation hut by architect Jeffery Poss; a picturesque pond with jetty and pedal boat; and the pyramid, a homage to the Mississippian culture.”
Lumen looks forward to booking your unforgettable events, as well as turning this stunning modernist venue into a regional, cultural destination with our Signature Event Series.
Our series kicked off with the Acoustic Christmas evening on December 10, 2016. The first Signature Event of 2017 was a grand Wine Gala with over 200 wines from around the world with a portion of proceeds benefiting the Make-A-Wish Foundation. A Masquerade Ball followed on February 11 with Defy Gravity – Pole Fitness and Aerial Arts Studio performing for partygoers. More memorable events are in the works.
From intimate dinners to large-scale festivals, Lumen’s event planners, designers and bar service specialists will take your event from concept to completion without complications. We can host your private party or corporate retreat at the Prairie Glass House.
Dates are still available for bookings in 2017, but come prepared with multiple date options for your event. Contact us at PGH@lumen.events for questions and booking options. Tours by appointment only.
We customize packages to fit your needs. The venue fee ranges from $500 for a weekday meeting, to $15,000 for enjoying the grounds and accommodation in the main property, the coach house, and all its offerings for the weekend.
Additional amenities and customizations can include:
- Indoor seating 70
- Outdoor seating (open air or tent) for 400
- Round tables, seating 8, serving tables, banquet tables
- Plates, glasses and silverware
- Linens and fancy seat covers
- Tent(s) and other equipment if required
- 2 outdoor heaters
- Use of the commercial kitchen (for self-catering)
- Free parking, with drop off at the door, and accessible parking with no steps to reach the house
- Inside and outside sound system with phone/iPod hookup
- One hour rehearsal during the week prior, at an agreed time
- Your photographer, videographer, and DJ may arrive 1 hour early
We will happily recommend preferred caterers and vendors.